(***LOGIN FIXED***) UKD Gaming Forums (***LOGIN FIXED***)

Where mentalists and gaming combine
It is currently December 17th, 2017, 6:34 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Insurgency Mod
PostPosted: November 23rd, 2006, 4:01 pm 
5000+ Posts (You NEED! A Doctor)

This one looks like a good one to keep an eye on as it promises to be a much more tactical game a bit like the "Infiltration" Mod for UT. The map screen shots on the main page look good, a lot more realistic and believable than the usual CS crap.

http://www.insmod.net/

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 5th, 2007, 2:07 pm 

The website for this has had a major update recently and a few more screen shots added as well as a trailer vid for it.

Supposed to be released this month, and I'm quite looking forward to playing this as it looks very good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 5th, 2007, 8:12 pm 
3000+ Posts (No Human Contact)

hmm...looks like another counterstrike clone to me. Just because the yanks can't win the war in Iraq, they decide to make a game that they can win instead. Typical, I don't suppose there will be any UK forces in it either, just the US.

They should rename the game 'dumbfucks', it's a more fitting title for a game based on the US iraqi invasion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 5th, 2007, 10:04 pm 
I am a pathetic post count raiser

Bump taliss :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 5th, 2007, 11:20 pm 

If you bother to read any of it you'll see that its not going to be like CS. If you ever played Infiltration for UT then it sounds like it will be more like that. ie no hud, iron sites only etc.

As for your spin on the politics, bollocks to it. Lets face it right now there's not really a better place to set a contemporary FPS is there? So what current conflict would you pick to set your team based shooter in then?

Ohhh there's no UK forces in it! Big fucking deal! Lets be honest here, it is the yanks after all that have so far done the majority of the shooting and blowing stuff up in Iraq.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 6th, 2007, 12:11 am 
3000+ Posts (No Human Contact)

Chazmeister wrote:
Lets be honest here, it is the yanks after all that have so far done the majority of the shooting and blowing stuff up in Iraq.

Yep, some of them were our troops!

The yanks are a bunch of idiots in charge of state of the art gear. They pull them off the street in backwater USA, they entice them out of the shopping malls and give them all the latest weaponry. With very little training, they all think that they are put on this earth to kick arse, and if it wasn't so tragic that so many were dying out there, it would be laughable at how feckin useless the yanks are.

Set it in Afganistan fighting the Taliban, if you want current events. I just think the whole thing is glorifying the war. It's not that exiting.
Don't get me wrong, I like the fact that they have made it a more realistic shooter, like Ostfront, but in reality the US military don't get into straight fights with the insurgents, it's a guerilla war. It involves a lot of public bombings, roadside bombs, snipers etc. I just don't think this game will work in this context.

They could use the HL2 engine to create a RTS game called 'nuclear shield', it involves you having to build nuclear defense shield missile launchers. You can only place them in other continents though, your not allowed to use your own territory, but you can willy nilly place them in any european country you like. You get bonus scores for almost re-igniting the cold war.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 6th, 2007, 2:07 am 

Im with taliss on this, your a proper nob sometimes Chaz, u aint got a fucking clue i swear.
Have you been to Iraq? Nor have I so shut the fuck if you don't what your talking about.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 6th, 2007, 8:58 am 

Taliss wrote:
I just think the whole thing is glorifying the war.

If thats the way you feel then don't ever play another FPS, RTS, GTA clone etc ever again, because after all they're just glorifying violence.

I don't hear you getting so righteous over the miriad other war based games based out there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 6th, 2007, 9:49 am 
Site GOD!

Hang on a minute Taliss you work for a company that is well known for selling armaments to repressive dictatorships yet have a problem with games glorifying war?.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 6th, 2007, 4:22 pm 

im with dog on this one, your some kind of cunt aint you taliss?

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 6th, 2007, 4:49 pm 
I am a pathetic post count raiser

Dr Strawdog wrote:
Hang on a minute Taliss you work for a company that is well known for selling armaments to repressive dictatorships yet have a problem with games glorifying war?.....

We don't sell armaments we sell weapon platforms and defense products. It's different I think :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 3rd, 2007, 11:16 pm 

Had a few quick games tonight and it's pretty good, I quite enjoy'd it. Think Red Orchestra but set in contemporary Iraq and you'll get the idea. Could do with a patch but it's still very playable even so, just a few little bugs that need ironing out and a bit of balancing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 3rd, 2007, 11:31 pm 

Chazmeister wrote:
Had a few quick games tonight and it's pretty good, I quite enjoy'd it. Think Red Orchestra but set in contemporary Iraq and you'll get the idea. Could do with a patch but it's still very playable even so, just a few little bugs that need ironing out and a bit of balancing.

in other words its shit