(***LOGIN FIXED***) UKD Gaming Forums (***LOGIN FIXED***)

Where mentalists and gaming combine
It is currently February 21st, 2018, 1:52 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 1st, 2003, 8:45 pm 
4000+ Posts (Social Outcast)

Damn, I missed them in MoH

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 1st, 2003, 9:39 pm 
5000+ Posts (You NEED! A Doctor)

Rancid, its only a demo, will prob be even better when its finished.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 1st, 2003, 10:43 pm 
3000+ Posts (No Human Contact)

Or, conceivably, that was the best bit and the rest of the game is wank.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 2nd, 2003, 1:06 am 
Site GOD!

The Russian river crossing bit looks cool, Stalingrad? Dunno the bit out of Enemy At The Gates. Talking of which has anyone else noticed how many set pieces in these games are taken from popular films and TV series? The MOHAA Omaha Beach level - Saving Private Ryan, MOHAA Spearhead start - Band Of Brothers, there should be some others here but I got bored thinking about it... feel free to fill some in.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 2nd, 2003, 3:42 am 
well, the game is not all that different from mohaa... at least the demo is...

it still is linear, the atmosphere is almost exactly the same as in mohaa, but since i've already overdosed on mohaa, this game feels numb....

the demo doesn't bring anything new... has scripted spawns, everything is triggered by your movement, all of the same blah blah which was great in mohaa 'cause it was new, now it's not anymore....

there are some nice touches, notice the iron sights move when you jerk the gun around... nice 3d feel....

sucky blood effects, probably gonna get sorted by 3rd party scripts like in mohaa.... ai might seem intelligent, but in fact is not, it does exactly the same as in mohaa.... move around, hide, blah blah.. throw your nades back at you.....blah blah.... mohaa had 2 nice touches...the ai throwing themselves on nades to save their buddies and ai sticking their gun out and fireing blindly in your general direction...

overall, mohaa done by another dev team...that's my opinion

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 2nd, 2003, 8:19 am 

I'm more fussed about the MP side of the game.... how big are the maps etc...? If they are a similar size to BF1942 then i will be happy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 2nd, 2003, 8:28 am 
4000+ Posts (Social Outcast)

I'm downloading this now (was pulling down Tron and Jedi Academy before), I didn't like MoH, too arcadey, so I hold no high hopes about this, hopefully I'm in for a pleasant surprise though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 2nd, 2003, 10:49 am 

Rancid wrote:
overall, mohaa done by another dev team...that's my opinion

Actually its 22 members of the dev team that made MOHAA, they left 2015 to form their own company. Supposedly CoD is how they intended MOHAA to be in the first place.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 2nd, 2003, 2:56 pm 
well, then it's too late...

i hope they do something about the gun sounds, they really suck... there is no ooomph...it's like shooting with a paintball gun.... gun sounds in mohaa were exquisite....

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 2nd, 2003, 3:40 pm 

I thought the guns sounded pretty good myself. The inclusion of being able to look down the iron sights and being able to lean and go prone is a big improvement over MOHAA for me and makes it feel more tactical. The two things that annoyed me about MOHAA most was not being able to go prone and only being able to lean in the MP game but not the SP game, why?

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 2nd, 2003, 5:14 pm 

Stop moaning rancid its only a game! if u want realistic weapons and sounds then join the fucking army. And no game is every going to be "realistic" as you are using a keyboard and mouse for fucksake! A game is meant to fun to play. Fucking amount of whinging cunts about these days moaning about AI, scripted bits, not realistic guns, guns dont feel right, sounds are crap really pisses me off. If COD keeps me entertained for a few months including MP then i'll be happy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 2nd, 2003, 7:11 pm 

Well said that man. I like scripted bits - without them, HL would have been a poor quake rip off.

Just played it again (COD that is) - and it is remarkably good fun. If it keeps that quality all through, I'll definitely get it. The only hope is that it doesn't do the MOHAA cheese spawns. I've cleared the area, gone round the corner and then magically a couple of krauts appear behind me. Utterly ruined MOHAA the first time that happened to me - it came off the HDD pretty soon afterwards. Do the enemy spawn, or are they preplaced? It all seemed pretty seamless to me, didn't spot any shiteness in that regard.

Orbitalbirk wrote:
I'm more fussed about the MP side of the game.... how big are the maps etc...? If they are a similar size to BF1942 then i will be happy.

Well it uses the quake 3 engine, so I can't see 'em being that big TBH. Probably the same as MOHAA/RTCW. I'll be far more impressed if you can play the missions co-op. Bet you can't though - it'll just be some online ctf/dm bollox probably.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 2nd, 2003, 9:10 pm 
well turdy,fyi i'm actually in the process of joining the army, thank you...

all i'm saying is that this game doesn't bring much new stuff... it's mohaa all over with a few changes... and not all of them are for the good...

and about the leaning in mohaa, they fixed it in spearhead... and honestly, spearhead still beats this game in my opinion... sorry...

i was trying to see if the enemies spawn or are preplaced but wasnt able yet...the triggers are too sensitive :P well, i'll try a couple of things to see, but doubt i'll be able to find out...

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 2nd, 2003, 9:40 pm 

Ok i'll shut up now then rancid if your joining the army! It just really pisses me off when ppl try to find faults in games which haven't been released yet. I'm sure on most demos they point out that the game is under development and the final game will be different. If you look on some other forums you get the odd sad cunt who scans through every frame on the videos and trys to find faults, on HL2 for example... "1 leg was overlapping another".. "the gun flashes look blocky if you look close up" stupid shit like that. Who gives a fuck!! If ppl are just going to try and find faults when playing games then they might as well just fuck off and do something else! This aint directed at you rancid just some of the other sad cunts you get moaning!

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 2nd, 2003, 9:56 pm 

I fucking hate cunts that moan about moaning. The only thing worse than them are the people who complain about the people complaining about people complaining about people moaning. Bunch of wankers IMO.