(***LOGIN FIXED***) UKD Gaming Forums (***LOGIN FIXED***)

Where mentalists and gaming combine
It is currently January 19th, 2018, 8:24 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 2nd, 2003, 10:47 pm 
5000+ Posts (You NEED! A Doctor)

yeah moaning cunts, shoot the lot of 'em

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 3rd, 2003, 2:58 am 
moooooaaaaaannnnn

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 3rd, 2003, 3:50 am 
Site GOD!

Yeah they're pricks and people who post 3 replies above you they're right inbred shit eaters.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 3rd, 2003, 9:33 am 

yeah fnarr is a bit of a nob

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 3rd, 2003, 11:21 am 

Rancid wrote:
i was trying to see if the enemies spawn or are preplaced but wasnt able yet...the triggers are too sensitive :P well, i'll try a couple of things to see, but doubt i'll be able to find out...

They are preplaced, shooting a particular German at each point triggers the Allied squad to move to the next point. There is a way of getting the console up so you can do all the usuall stuff like move around the map like a ghost etc and check it all out. So yeah its well scripted but I can't think of many FPS games that aren't these days apart from the Doom style games like Serious Sam etc and even they rely on alot of triggered events.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 6th, 2003, 6:35 pm 
4000+ Posts (Social Outcast)

It's a bit too fast for my liking - more Quake than Flashpoint. It feels pretty linear. But it does do a nice line in atmosphere. If the MP is up to scratch, I might get this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 6th, 2003, 11:38 pm 
3000+ Posts (No Human Contact)

Reading between the lines, the MP is going to be very MOH like - ie no Co-op (BOO!) and compact (small) maps. I think its more atmospheric than MOH, but not by much. We shall see. Isn't there another MOH expansion coming soon as well?

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 7th, 2003, 2:06 am 
i put sounds from mohaa into it... sux even more... hope it's gonna be better in the full version... in the state that it is, the weapon sounds seem muffled compared to other sounds.... (i love the grenades though.... both sound and effect... and the mg42's sound pretty intense too)

been experimenting a bit yesterday... got into the top mg42 in the first building... started shooting stragglers...well, they respawn in the beginning of the map and jump in thru a hole in the wall...nice touch... you might have noticed that no matter how many yanks die, you're always in a full squad...lol...clone wars anybody?

also , sprinted ahead after destroying the first flakpanzer.... where the second flakpanzer is, the german soldiers run from the right hand side of the map into the ruins to protect the second flakpanzer...if you shoot them before they get to the ruins another wave will come, if you kill those, another 3 will come, and so on...normally only 2 waves of 3 krauts come running...

then the last flakpanzer, when your squad takes position behind the car etc... in the building on the right hand side of the map (opposite to the flakpanzer) there is a kraut...well he spawns or is invincible until a trigger gets fired...3 grenades should have given him at least shellshock, no?

one nice touch is that you can make your squadmates to get the fuck out of your way so that you can take their position...just "shoot" them and they'll go to another spot...of course another dumbass will come running and hide your view shortly anyways, so....

notice that cpt foley is unkillable...

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 7th, 2003, 11:14 am 

Viscount Charles wrote:
It's a bit too fast for my liking - more Quake than Flashpoint. It feels pretty linear. But it does do a nice line in atmosphere. If the MP is up to scratch, I might get this.

What did u think they did in ww2?? Crawled about everywhere? Took 30 mins before they decided to shoot someone? Of course its not like OFP its not a massive area!! Its like saying saving private ryan was too fast in the beach landing, they should have took there time. VC you are a nob at times.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 10th, 2003, 12:17 pm 
2000+ Posts (No Friends)

i'm a bit slow and only just tried it.... fucking briliant.

i hope MP carries across team based play as much as it is in SP. it really pisses me off when no1 plays as a team in MOH and BF42. i hope they have some way to make sure ppl do in this game

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 10th, 2003, 1:23 pm 

Still not tried it yet, I seem to have lost the download, so will download it again this weekend, I was far more interested in the Homeworld 2 demo, and playing Jedi Academy, when not playing SWG.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 10th, 2003, 2:36 pm 
Site GOD!

Is Jedi Academy worth downloading? I saw it on Sharereactor and was tempted but I've not got around to it yet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 10th, 2003, 6:36 pm 

If you liked Jedi Knight 2, then yes, it is all the good parts of JK2, with most of the tedium taken out, you just keep doing (fairly) unrelated missions, you have a lightsaber and force powers from the start, and you get to choose which missions to do, in whatever order you want and gain/improve light or dark jedi powers of your choice throughout the game. It has rideable tauntauns on Hoth (mind trick them and jump on), and a speeder bike lvl, very fast, pretty hard, but great fun flying with your lightsaber out (fnarr, fnarr). The missions tend to be fairly short, but there are lots and one or 2 are long, well worth it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 6th, 2003, 11:37 am 

Just found the demo download and installed it :lol:

CoD is far better than MoH, much less arcady (other than the hits you can absorb), still linear which makes it a bit boring in my book, the whole point of a FPS is to try and outsmart the enemy, kind of hard when the game restricts where you go and hands you the outflanking spots. Good for a blast but no way I'd buy it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 6th, 2003, 1:04 pm 

There's another WWII game in development that looks a bit different from the norm called Sabotage 1943, there's a tech demo video on http://www.gamershell.com thats worth downloading to look at.