(***LOGIN FIXED***) UKD Gaming Forums (***LOGIN FIXED***)

Where mentalists and gaming combine
It is currently October 22nd, 2017, 2:06 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Overwatch
PostPosted: April 25th, 2017, 9:53 am 
250+ Posts (Start Worrying)

If you are put off by the cartoony kiddy looking videos and Blizzard because of WoW ruining lives despite being vaguely interested in the hype around overwatch, get over it and go and buy a copy. I did this a while ago when the price dropped. After the disappointment that is Battlefield 1, Overwatch welcomed me with open arms and an instantly fun experience.

Classes are important in Overwatch, and the majority of people you play with (really 99% of them) will actually give a shit about choosing the right class. I don't know how its possible, but its true! This also means everyone usually works as a team to win the game too. Somehow random nob heads from the internet have been tamed!

Rounds are typically under 5 minutes - I like a long game sometimes (not BF1, where it just feels like a grind) but this was a refreshing change, which is also good because you can put it down when you absolutely have to. Lots of different game types and maps. DLC so far has been free since the game launched.

There are 4 classes and all the characters in each class have different skills, so you can spend some time mastering the characters and find a set that are good for you. There are several different modes, including Arcade, Quick Match, Championship (ranked) and AI only matches. You need to be level 25 before you can join the ranked matches.

My only complaint about this game is it does not display in 21:9, but I really couldn't care less because its FUNNNNNN! Go and find out some more from gamer sites, or just go and get a copy.

Image Image

Post subject: Re: Overwatch
PostPosted: April 28th, 2017, 5:40 am 
3000+ Posts (No Human Contact)

Got this for PS4, not had time to play it much but, from what I've seen, it's choice. The classes are really varied and the action suitably manic. Heaps of fun.

Only downside for me is I'm too old for that shit - keep getting wasted by 12 year olds. :(

PostPosted: May 4th, 2017, 8:31 pm 
5000+ Posts (You NEED! A Doctor)

I still play Destiny for my PvP kicks because the time to kill is quite long so I have time to react, plus you also have grenades, special melee attacks every 30 seconds and super powers around every 3 minutes, if it was just gun skill I wouldn't bother because I would get rekt every time.

Big plus with the PS4 is the ability to save your last game and re-watch it, doing this I can see where I went wrong, this helps me take things in at my own pace rather than just playing game after game after game and not really improving due to me panicking every time I see a blip on radar (having a radar also helps my aging reactions).

I always improve when I rewatch my games, if I just keep playing and playing I gradually get worse.

With decent map knowledge I can actually keep a positive k/d (but only just).

PostPosted: May 16th, 2017, 4:01 pm 

windwalker wrote:
I due to me panicking every time I see a blip on radar

:lol:

Do you break out in a sweat and shit too!? :dance:

PostPosted: August 3rd, 2017, 4:02 pm 

Dr Durden wrote:
windwalker wrote: