(***LOGIN FIXED***) UKD Gaming Forums (***LOGIN FIXED***)

Where mentalists and gaming combine
It is currently May 27th, 2018, 2:00 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Consoles and shit
PostPosted: November 30th, 2016, 8:11 pm 
3000+ Posts (No Human Contact)

Having not done any proper gaming for the last 5 years, I finally picked up a PS4 Pro the other day. Now addicted again. The upside of not playing for ages is the sea of games to catch up on. Any recommendations beyond the obvious? Currently have:

Witcher 3
MGS V
Rocket League
Overwatch
Little Big Planet 3
Assassin's Creed Syndicate
Gods of War 3 (meh, not my thing)

Will probably get GTA soonish too.

Post subject: Re: Consoles and shit
PostPosted: December 1st, 2016, 5:57 pm 
5000+ Posts (You NEED! A Doctor)

I don't have a Sony box, but I hear The Last of Us and the Uncharted series were quite good.

Titanfall 2 is quite good if you fancy a fix of multiplayer FPSing.

Fallout 4, haven't got it yet myself, I'm waiting for the inevitable goty.

The Batman games are quite good. Newest one is Arkham Knight I think.

I'm sure there's a whole bunch of PS4 stuff I don't know about.

PostPosted: December 2nd, 2016, 2:13 pm 

Play Witcher 3. Best RPG ever.

The Last of Us is also great.

Battlefield 1 is good fun.

I'm on the last addon for Witcher 3, blood and wine, completed the full game over xmas last year, its a masterpiece.

PostPosted: December 2nd, 2016, 10:44 pm 

Yeah, Witcher 3 has blown me away. Fecking awesome game. Was playing TESO on my laptop, but can't be arsed now - can't go back after such RPG awesomeness.

Just got The Last of Us, Dragon Age Inquisition and Fallout 4. Heaps of sales at the moment, so stockpiling a few things for later. Rocket League is a great 'quick blast' game. Overwatch looks great too, but just reminds me that I'm actually a bit shit at games, I keep getting my arse handed to me. :?

PostPosted: December 2nd, 2016, 11:12 pm 
Site GOD!

The Last Of Us is one of the best games ever, the mechanics aren't anything startling or original but the story is fucking awesome.

If you want more games then you're ever going to play get a PSN sub, free games every month.

I'm currently playing BF1, just finished Arkham Knight (goes on forever but a decent game if you enjoyed the others in the series) and got the eldest Titanfall 2 for Christmas.

What's your gamer tag?

Not see you on BF1 Durd, what time's you playing or are you on PC?

PostPosted: December 3rd, 2016, 7:44 pm 

Playing on the Xbox , Dr K Bishop is my gamertag on there.

Not got a PS4, was tempted, but got too much to play on xbox one, and with the backwards compatability , go back to some older games like alan wake lol :dance:

And there i Burnout Paradise for gold free later this month along with outlast

PostPosted: December 3rd, 2016, 8:20 pm 

Gamer tag CosmicSquirrel69

Every game I've got so far has been awesome. Got to calm down a bit now and complete a few before getting anything else. Mrs Fnarr 2.0 has been pretty understanding so far, but I think I'm pushing my luck! :wink:

PostPosted: December 4th, 2016, 11:33 am 

So, any of you got PSVR yet or thinking about it?

For me personally VR is probably one of the best gaming things to happen for decades. Will hopefully get the Touch controllers some time next week for my Rift.

PostPosted: December 4th, 2016, 6:06 pm 
Site GOD!

Considering getting the PSVR for my birthday in February, hopefully the price will have tanked a bit by then once all the early adopters have got bored.

PostPosted: December 12th, 2016, 10:12 am 

Ditto re PSVR. Had a go of my mate's one - fecking amazing. Much better than I thought it would be. Waiting 'til it drops in price and gets some proper games.

PostPosted: December 13th, 2016, 10:47 pm 
250+ Posts (Start Worrying)

Got the PSVR on launch day (coincidence, on a whim) as I happened to be in Stockholm that day. They promptly sold out, and are pretty much out of stock everywhere since. I got it with Eve, but added driveclub vr later. I'm playing on the original PS4, but will probably upgrade it when more games come out or something I like justifies an upgrade.

Eve is quite fun and spectacular but didn't keep my attention. As it was my first PSVR game, this is the one that forced me to get through the motion sickness. Probably spinning on all axis in space is not the best way to start with VR. It took 3-4 days of gaming to get over feeling that I need to spew all over my carpet (more on VR sickness later) - but now I'm OK with playing basically anything for as long as I want.

Driveclub VR is fun. Its not a piece of shit like the original driveclub was when it launched. I like driving games (I'm looking forward to the new VR Gran Turismo when it comes out) and this is plenty fun. It's finally awesome to use the internal view, look in all the mirrors, see the interior. I'm going to add a force feedback/rumble wheel to add to the experience. This is way less puke inducing than Eve, however one of my mates played it for 5 mins and crashed into a barrier and flipped the car. He instantly ripped off the headset and ran to the bog, however didn't puke.

I don't regret buying it. For the price of just a PC VR headset you can pretty much get a PS4 (maybe pro), PSVR and a game, also if online games are your thing there are probably way more people out there to kill in the face on the internet with a PS4.

Image Image

PostPosted: December 14th, 2016, 11:20 am 

Yeah Eve was probably not a great way to start getting into VR. Having said that I've not had any bad motion sickness problems with the vast majority of the stuff I've played. Only 2 games so far give me motion sickness and oddly enough they're probably the 2 most slow paced VR games I have. Vanishing of Ethan Carter VR and Alice VR are both nausea inducing for me, also Minecraft VR after an hour or so. What does it are smooth turns to the left or right, especially if you have no visual anchor, ie you're just a disembodied ghost in the game. Snap turns help a lot with this but even with those, some games just seem more likely to induce nausea than others. I have VR mods for Quake and Doom 3 and I can play those absolutely fine, and they're fast paced action blasters, especially Quake.

Got the Touch controllers last week, very good. Having been having a good time playing stuff like Arizona Sunshine, shooting zombies in the head and playing it co-op with a mate. Most of my VR time though is spent in sims like Elite Dangerous, Aerofly FS2, ETS2 and DCS World etc, which is primarily what I got VR for. The motion control roomscale stuff is fun, but not the main attraction for me.

PostPosted: December 19th, 2016, 11:25 pm 
Site GOD!

I had a do on a PSVR at the weekend at Arcade Club (top place - http://www.arcadeclub.co.uk), I was pleasantly surprised how good it was. I've previously tried an Occulus DK1, DK2 and Vive and it's easily a match for the competition.

I didn't get any nausea with the PSVR but I did with some maneuvers (Immelmann turns, etc.) in Star Wars Battle of Endor and a Ferris wheel thing on the DK2.

PostPosted: December 23rd, 2016, 6:05 am 

Just completed Last of Us. Awesome.

Currently playing Overcooked for a bit of co-op fun - great little game. Plus ARK and Witcher. Pretty chuffed so far with everything - having to ration myself a bit though :oops:

Resi looks the bomb in VR, reckon if you sneaked up on someone playing that & tapped 'em on the shoulder, they'd shit themselves.

PostPosted: December 23rd, 2016, 6:44 pm 
Site GOD!

Happy birthday old bean